Just like any other trends, digital marketing trends come and go as values, preferences, and the ever-evolving landscape of technology changes. It’s hard for businesses to stay relevant by solely relying on their best marketing practices they’ve used in the past.
Over the last two years, the online marketing landscape has shifted immensely. Values, goals, and ways of doing things have completely changed.
Digital marketing can help you target the right people, optimize your conversion rates, increase customer loyalty, and position yourself as an expert in your field.
Here are eight digital marketing trends to watch for in 2023.
- Influencer Partnerships:People buy from people they know, like, and trust. Influencer marketing has skyrocketed and continues to show huge benefits to brands taking advantage of this new concept. Influencer marketing is when you partner with an individual or a brand who has a large online following, to help market your brand or product.
This type of marketing increases your conversion rate and builds brand awareness, trust, and authority with your audience. It gives you the ability to generate new leads and connect with a wider market. Influencer marketing is responsible for bringing in on average $5.20 for every $1 spent.
- Artificial intelligence:Today’s marketing requires you to use a combination of efforts – AI being one of them to maximize your ROI. Artificial intelligence (AI) marketing is the process of leveraging AI methods and tools such as data models, algorithms and machine learning to produce customer insights that marketers can use to optimize spending, customize content and personalize the customer journey. By understanding your audience and identifying their triggers, you can more easily personalize your content to their specific needs. Artificial Intelligence can help you personalize your audience experience based on their past interactions with your site. It tracks, analyzes, and compiles the data so that you can see in real-time what’s working and what isn’t.
You will understand how your customers are engaging with your brand, moving through your sales funnel, and what triggers their purchasing decisions.
- Social Responsibility:Consumers focus on brands that practice social responsibility and make an effort to positively impact our planet. Sometimes that means having zero-waste products, eliminating plastic, or directing profits to charity focused on sustainability. It’s not enough to just say your practicing social responsibility, you have to SHOW how you are making a difference.Think about what you are already doing within your business and how you can leverage that within your marketing efforts. Once you’ve leveraged what you’re already doing, make it a point to improve and find what can you do better. How can you continue to improve and innovate, making yourself stand out as a leader in the industry?
- Blogs + Video Based Content:Many times businesses underestimate the power of consistent blogging AND use of video content. These are equally important AND you can repurpose your video content as a blog, and vice versa. Use and REUSE your content. I am guessing you spend a considerable amount of time on the content you create to put out to your audience. It will save you an incredible amount of time if you repurpose ALL of it.Not everyone in your audience will show up on the same medium. Each member of your audience will digest the information differently. Some only go on social media, some rarely have time to read but can more easily listen to a video, and others learn better through reading so chances are it won’t be seen as “too much” by your audience.
The more video and consistent blogs you post, the better your SEO will rank, increasing your organic website traffic. You will also build credibility, establish trust, and increase your conversion rates. Pairing video with written content allows your ideal client to better connect with you in the way that works best for them.
- Email Marketing:I’m guessing you have a love-hate relationship with email marketing. On one hand, you know you should be doing it, consistently, and on the other hand, you just keep putting it off because you don’t think anyone actually reads your email.However, email marketing has a ROI of $36 for every $1 spent. That is most likely the highest ROI you will see in your marketing efforts. It is often the most cost-effective way to reach your target market. Email marketing takes time and effort to make it successful. In order to grow your list and increase your conversion rate, you must be consistent, provide significant value to your customer, and not try to sell them with every email.
The key is not to send an email, just to send an email. The more strategic you are, the better results you will get. Those who unsubscribe are not your target market – the ones who continue to open, follow, and like you are those that will purchase your product and become your most loyal fans.
- Interactive Content:You’ve most likely come across interactive content from your favorite brands – the brands you are most loyal to. When you hear the word brand, which one instantly sticks out to you? Think about how they engage with you and what makes them so special to you.Interactive content helps engage your audience by giving them an experience to interact with – making a connection and increasing your awareness. This includes things like quizzes, games, calculators, contests, assessment, etc. The more someone can interact with a brand, the more likely they are to remember you. The content should provide value to your ideal customer so that it keeps them coming back for more. By providing immense value for free, they will wonder what kind of value they would receive if they paid for it!
If your marketing goals include increased engagement, conversions, brand loyalty, and customer experience, you should be using interactive content marketing. Choose ONE thing to start with, and go all in. Whether that’s a quiz, a form, or a video, make sure to share it across ALL of your social channels.
Once you’ve become successful with that specific tool, and understand what your audience resonates with, you can continue adding more. Over time, this will help enhance your audience engagement and experience.
- Representation and Inclusivity:Just like with social responsibility, it’s not enough for a company to just say they are making efforts towards diversity and inclusion, rather they must show how they are doing their part. They must ensure their audience feels supported, seen, and heard. There are several benefits such as connecting with your audience on a deeper level, building respect and brand awareness, and reaching a wider network.You can show your efforts by telling stories of individuals and groups you serve from diverse backgrounds. You can show photos featuring REAL people of all shapes, sizes, gender, AND color to represent the population you serve. Create hashtags, initiatives, and most of all PRACTICE what you preach! Make sure everything you put out into the world is an accurate representation of what you do, who you serve, and whom you strive to be.
- Augmented Reality:Although Augmented Reality has existed for several years, and it is a rising digital marketing trend. It allows brands to give their customers a unique and engaging experience with the convenience of technology. They can experience their product without having to be physically present.You can get the instant gratification of using the product through your phone, tablet, or computer! AR gives you more leverage when it comes to driving sales and enhancing your value to the customer. Therefore your customers can “try before they buy”. This works well for clothing, paint, room design, cosmetic samples, accessories and so much more!
Practicing these digital marketing trends will improve your customer experience, making them your biggest fans.