Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Tribal Court
The Tribal Court has original and exclusive jurisdiction to hear and decide all controversies arising out of the laws of the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community.
A responsive and user-friendly website
The Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community needed an online presence and portal to educate and offer resources to people in the community who were required to interact with the court system. The legal professionals needed an area to source important information such as filings, tribal laws, court options, and resources.
The Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community hired Big Spirit not only because they came highly recommended, but as a Native Owned business, they could better understand the needs of the tribal community. The client had five goals in mind for their new website. It had to…
- Be user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- Speak directly to the target market through their brand colors, textures, fonts, images, voice, and tone.
- Have the ability to contain vast amounts of pages of past court rulings, digests, court options, and other vital resources.
- Allow individuals to access and download file documents with the court systems.
- Showcase access to other helpful state and national legal links in one place that are connected and interact with the tribal court experience.
- Initial Meeting | Schedule time with the client to understand their needs and objectives.
- Proposal | Create a customized proposal that maximizes the client’s budget.
- Initial Sketches | Curate and organize content into a site map built to assure a positive end-user experience.
- Create Designs | Each stage of the site’s development is done on an online platform allowing them to review and request changes and make approvals easily.
- Final Deliverables | Upon approval, we worked with multiple client contributors to develop, launch, and provide ongoing hosting support.
The client received a website that gave them a much-needed online presence that was on brand and represented the tribal court’s vision.
Because of our extensive experience and background, we were able to successfully deliver a project and an experience that the client was and continues to be delighted with.